Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quick update

The missions conference in Philly went great! Thanks for praying that I'd be able to make the trip. If you'd like to hear the general session messages or the workshops, you can check out www.ccphilly.org

My knee continues to be a challenge. The ortho doc told me last week that I probably have cartilage damage, so he wants me to have an MRI to be sure. If it is cartilage damage, then I'm going to need arthroscopic surgery on it. So, I'm still gimping on my crutches. I can bend my knee quite a bit, but the doctor says I shouldn't be putting any weight on it. Another month or so on crutches doesn't look like fun, that's for sure.

Things are progressing with fundraising for the block wall for our community garden for refugees. We're doing another presentation at another Rotary club this Friday. We're about one third of the way there, with approximately 10,000 raised of the 30,000 that will be needed. We're doing all that we can, it's in the Lord's hands as to whether it will come together within the time frame that we'd like to see, (finishing the wall by the end of June.) Please continue to keep this in prayer.

We just finished our latest session of English as a Second Language classes here at the church. We had a consistent 20 people, mainly Iraqi refugees attending. Some great relationships were made and practical help was given as an expression of God's love to each and every one of the folks that attended. We'll be taking a break until mid-September due to the high cost of electricity that is necessary to air condition our church building during our "oven-baked" summer.

No comments: