Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Please pray regarding Phoenix

As I write, it's 112 degrees here in lovely Mesquite, NV. I saw that Phoenix broke a record this summer by having 32 days where the mercury was over 110--and I'm guessing that we have had even more than that. Needless to say, I'm ready for some cool weather.

And speaking of Phoenix, Helen and I are now in the midst of serious prayer regarding actually making a move to Phoenix in order to serve the Karen refugee community and the church they are attending. These are the brothers and sisters I mentioned a while back--the ones who have suffered so much at the hands of the Burmese military and who have spent many years living in refugee camps inside Thailand. There are now close to 200 of them, most having arrived from the camps within the last year, that are attending a small baptist church and trying to learn how to live life here in America.

I'll write more later, but I'd appreciate your prayer for the meetings we'll have with the Karen leaders and the church leaders on September 20.

2 comments:

Bryonm said...

I'll be praying.

Recently, a college student with a heart for missions earning a degree in political science asked me what I thought they should do in the mission field.

I told him I had no idea, but for starters, research the plight of the Karen refugees both here and abroad...

Amenlady said...

I am praying for you and for Helen Jeff. I am excited to see how the Lord leads you in all this. It was exciting to witness the church for myself. His love truly is amazing. May His grace sustain you as you wait patiently upon Him. Peace brother, Jeanne