Friday, October 5, 2007

Another ALS connection...prayer needed

Earlier today I spent about twenty minutes on the phone with a woman named Jan, a woman in her mid-50's that is very successful in business and was recently diagnosed with ALS. Through a good friend of mine who met a good friend of hers, I was made aware of her situation and her friend cared enough about her to call me and ask me to give her a call.

Her legs have weakened to the point where she is now in a wheel chair and it has only been about 8 months since she first noticed her foot was acting strangely while she was exercising.
Although I don't have ALS, (but do have something similar: SBMA,) I've been down the path she is just beginning and I sense that God gave me a special ability to encourage her and challenge her during our conversation.

Please keep Jan in prayer. Her business was expanding and life was in many ways better than it had ever been--and now this! It was clear in talking to her that she needs the life that can come from knowing her creator and I'm convinced that she is open to considering Him at a level she never has in the past. Pray that Helen and I will be able to meet with her and her husband and be an expression of His love and truth.

And of course, continue to keep the situation in Myanmar, (Burma) in prayer.

1 comment:

Mike Jones said...

Father, we pray that you would use Jeff and Helen to lead Jan and her husband to eternal life for your glory, in Jesus name!