Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Phoenix 10/40 Interface: a better 'cross-cultural' experience

SerranoVillagehdr Having been to a lot of different countries on a lot of short term missions trips, Phoenix 10/40 Interface, in some respects, offers a better 'cross-cultural' experience, exposure and education than many much more costly trips. I was challenged, stretched and stressed as well as richly rewarded as I spent 40 hours of one on one time with my NA, New American. I helped her in acquiring language and job skills while adapting to her new city and American culture, all the while looking for bridges to share the God Story with her. I can't get into her home country, but having come here and it was a privilege to welcome her.  I think every church could actively participate in ministry to the 10/40 window by sending at least one team a year to Phoenix.

source: http://phx1040interface.org/?p=98

No comments: