Monday, July 9, 2007

I was in Indianapolis from Thursday through Saturday and as always, His fingerprints were all over the trip. From the hospitality, love, and encouragment lavished on Ron and I at the home of Dave and Ginger, to great conversation with Pastor Bill and Jed over awesome food at P.F. Changs, and then having an incredible time of fellowship with friends who serve in Central Asia and others who have served in and love the Ukraine, the time there was exceedingly abundantly above all that I could have asked or even planned.

Helen and I head to Escondido on Wednesday. I'll be sharing at the memorial service on Saturday for Joyce Kenney, the wife of my beloved Pastor Pat. Joyce's battle with various versions of cancer that began with breast cancer, ended last Thursday morning while I was on the plane from Vegas to Indy. Please keep Pastor Pat, his daughter Noelle, his son Jordan, and his grandchildren in prayer as they begin the "process" that is grief. Pat has already been a living demonstration of the truth that walking with Him in this world includes being "sorrowful, yet always rejoicing." (2 Cor. 6:10)

By His grace alone,

Jeff

1 comment: